Who is eligible for Canadian Visitor Visa?
To visit Canada, you must:
- Have a valid travel document, such as a passport.
- Be in good health.
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin.
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
- Have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
- A Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship (see Visas and exemptions with cic website for details)
- A medical examination; and
- A letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Document Checklist Visitor Visa
- Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257)
- Family Information from (IMM 5645).
- Add any required supplementary forms.
- Two passport size photographs for each applicant. Write the name and birth date of the individual on the back.
- Processing Fee:Ensure that you have paid the correct non-refundable fee.
- Valid passport from each person requiring a visa. The validity of a visa cannot go beyond the validity of the passport. Include all cancelled or expired passports, if applicable.
- Use of Representative form ( IMM 5476)
- Proof of personal funds.
- Letter of invitation and/or statutory declaration (affidavit) of support.
- Proof of immigration status of inviter.
- Financial documentation of the inviter.
- Detailed itinerary including proof of air ticket and hotel booking.